Friday 13 July 2012

Kiera Chaplin Model of the Month


Kiera Chaplin


FMD-ID1291NationalitySwissHair colorDark blondeEye colorBlueDate of birthJuly 1 1982Place of birthBelfast, Northern IrelandHeight5'7.5" ; 172cmMeasurements(US) 35-25-35.5 ; (EU) 89-63.5-90Dress size(US) 6 ; (EU) 36Shoe size(US) 7 ; (EU) 37 ; (UK) 4.5





Kiera Sunshine Chaplin was born in July 1982 in Belfast, Northern Ireland but she grew up in Switzerland and is now based in Los Angeles. She is 5’8” tall and has blue eyes and dark blonde hair. Her nicknames are Kiki, Sunny and Chapps. She started modeling professionally at the age of 16.
One can say that there is nothing ordinary about Kiera Chaplin starting from her grandfather who was one of the most influential figures of the silent film era and highly admired film maker, Sir Charlie Chaplin. She is also the great-granddaughter of author Eugene O’Neill. With such a stellar cast behind her, success is in her genes. She is a Renaissance woman who has made a fortune from combining acting, producing and modeling to make her a success story.
Chaplin has been photographed by some of the most prestigious photographers in fashion such as Bruce Weber, Terry Richardson and Peter Lindbergh. She has also posed for Vanity Fair, Vogue, Elle, Cosmo-Girl and GQ Magazine and has appeared in the 2002 Pirelli calendar. And acting is in her DNA. In 2002, she had a small part in the film, “The Importance of Being Ernest” and another small part in a Bollywood production, “Yatna.” No stellar performance there but enough to show that she is someone special.
This is one success-oriented model who is going places. She is beautiful, talented, intelligent with a strong business sense and that is why she is our model of the month.

Did you always wanted to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?

Growing up I always wanted to be in Fashion. I loved the clothes, lifestyle, and models. One day a family friend who was a photographer told me that if I wanted, when I turned 16, he would take me to Paris so that I could join an agency. And that is how it all started.
What is your favorite or most exciting aspect about being a model? What do you like least? Have you encountered any surprises along the way? What has been your most awkward moment (of your modeling career)?

I love the creativity, travelling, and the people. I like playing dress up and meeting creative people in strange places. What I like least can also be the people as some of them can be harsh on criticism. The long hours can also be hard at times.
What’s the funniest thing that happened to you on a photo shoot or fashion show?

Once while shooting in Paris the photographer got so drunk that he kept stumbling and making all the lights fall next to me. Every time something fell next to me I was grateful it didn’t land on my head and by the end of the shoot I was happy to have survived!
How would you describe yourself as model in three words?

Enthusiastic, punctual, naughty.
Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?

Paramount Studios in Los Angeles because I loved being on all the famous movie sets and TV shows. It was great to see and explore all the sets.
Who is your favorite photographer? Why?

I have many favorites: Peter Lindberg, Raphael Mazzucco, the late Herb Ritz, David Lachapelle.
What was the hardest photo shoot for you, and why?

I don’t think I have one I consider my hardest…
Is there a difference in posing when you are doing a cover and an editorial?

I think Europe can be more Edgy, while American magazines like to keep it very commercial.
Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look, name, etc… If so, what did you do?

No one has ever really asked me to change.
What tips and advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would have told you?

To not take the rejection personally and to keep trying until someone gets it.
Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are top 3 warning signs to look out for?

So far I haven’t had anything too bad happen to me. First thing is to always follow up on expenses. Also an agency should never ask you for money upfront, they should be the ones investing in your first shots if they believe in you.
Would you share some of your future goals, your life motto, any words of wisdom that get you by in life and professional career?

I want to keep going in this direction but getting more involved with producing, writing, and maybe even branding. There is still a lot I want to do!
What should a relationship between an agent and model look like?

You need to have a friendship. They should almost become like family. You need someone you can trust and talk to. Someone to give you good advice.
Who is your favorite all-time model?

I love Christy Turlington, Claudia Schiffer, Kate Moss.
Do other models inspire you?

Yes, all the time.
How do you feel fashion has empowered you?

Fashion has given me more confidence to explore styles and feel comfortable in my own skin.
Who are your favorite fashion designers?

Valentino, Versace, Roberto Cavalli, Karl Lagerfeld.
Best Jean?

J Brand.
What things in your wardrobe would you never throw away?

My shoes! I have so many but could never throw any of them away.
What era would you like to bring back?

The 40’s. I love old Hollywood glamour.
Who is your style icon?

I like Marilyn Monroe, Brigitte Bardot, Victoria Beckham.
Your favorite store?

Barney’s NYC.
What are your best beauty secrets?

I try to be healthy and workout. I also drink a lot of water.
Do you have any beauty / skin care tips or tricks to look fresh and rested for early morning photo shoots?

If my eyes are puffy I take a Claritin pill as it helps with puffiness as well as allergies. Moisturizing masks are also great to help my skin looking fresh and full.
Do you believe in homemade recipes? Do you have one to share with us?

My only homemade recipe would be fruit smoothies filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Sometimes beauty tricks come from within.
How much attention do you pay to meditation & exercise, or is it all natural? How do you stay in shape?

I workout about 4 times a week. I like to run, do pilates, and Physique 57.
What makes you feel sexy?

A song. A sexy outfit or lingerie. My make-up.
What is your favorite part about your body?

It depends on the day or what I’m wearing but the one thing I always love is my canine teeth.
Favorite kind of food:

Italian, French, Japanese, and Mexican.
How would you describe yourself as a human being in three words?

Curious, caring, optimistic.
What’s controversial or unique about you?

I think that each person is unique.
If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

I would like to be able to teletransport myself anywhere in the world with the blink of an eye.
What would you like to change about yourself if you can choose only one thing?

To have more energy so that I could do more things, but I’m not sure it’s such a good idea!
What are your favorite things to do in your free time?

Reading, movies, dinner with friends and family, horseback riding…
Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?

My grandfather. He did so much when all the odds where against him.
Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?

In ten years hopefully I will have branched out more and will have creative control over all my new projects.
Do people act different around you since you’ve become a model?

No.
Do you have any model friend that you would suggest for the next model of the month on FMD?

Dree Hemingway, Electra Widerman… but I think you probably have already done most of my friends already! Haha!
Favorite kind of music? Favorite television series or movie?

I like all kinds of music. Films would be: Cabaret, Gone with the wind, Natural born killers.
Favorite quote:

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! :) “Though times never last, tough people do.” and “A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
What’s your favorite fashion magazine? Why?

Vogue and In Style magazine. They are both classics.
I'd like to meet …

Lady Gaga, Oprah, Anderson Cooper, Tim Burton.
Happiness is …

Is worth fighting for.
If you could change one thing in the past years, what would it be?

Nothing.
People have said I look like …

Faye Dunaway, Eva Herzigova, Grace Kelly, Claudia Schiffer.








No comments:

Post a Comment